Health Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
The health benefits of lavender essential oil include its ability to eliminate nervous tension, relieve pain, disinfect the scalp and skin, enhance blood circulation and treat respiratory problems. The Latin name of lavender is Lavare, which means “to wash”, due to its aroma which has a particularly clean aroma.The plant bears small blue violet flowers which impart a fragrant scent to the herb and are the most widely used parts. When we talk about aromatherapy, the first ingredient that comes to our mind is lavender. Essential oil from the lavender flowers has medicinal properties. Its pleasant aroma has a calming, soothing and sedative effect on the body and mind.
Treatment of Acne
Lavender oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which can fight the bacteria causing acne infections, thus reducing the swelling and redness.
Treatment of Eczema
Besides soothing acne prone skin, lavender oil is a wonderful remedy for eczema. It relieves itching and decongests the irritated patches of skin by adding moisture, thus speeding up the healing process.
Treatment of Wrinkles
As stated earlier, lavender relieves tension, stress and in inflammation, all of which are responsible for causing skin ageing. It also boosts the circulatory system, thus increasing the flow of oxygen and nutrients to skin cells. This results in lowering the signs of ageing such as wrinkles and fine lines.
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender make it beneficial for healing burns as well as the scars caused by them. This is because it stimulates cell formation which reduces scarring and enables the burns to heal quickly. It also acts as a pain reliever, thanks to its antiseptic action.
Treatment of Insomnia
Lavender essential oil is considered a traditional medication for promoting sound sleep. In folklore, people often filled their pillows with lavender flowers to enable them to sleep peacefully. This herb is beneficial for those suffering from insomnia, restless leg syndrome and exhaustion as it soothes the nervous system to induce sleep and relaxation.
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Lavender is effective in curing anxiety and depression through its calming, sedative and anti-convulsive effect. It is often used in herbal remedies for promoting relaxation and treating restlessness.
Lavender has proven to be effective in providing relief from migraine headaches and preventing the onset of a new headache.
- Utama Spice – Lavender Soap5.00 €
100g / Bar Soap
- Utama Spice – Relaxing Soap5.00 €100g / Bar Soap
- Sensatia SB 30 Series – Shea Butter Relaxation Soap8.00 €125g / Bar Soap
- Sensatia SB 30 Series – Shea Butter Seaside Citrus Soap8.00 €125g / Bar Soap
- Sensatia Tea Tree Series – Rosemary & Lavender Soap6.00 €125g / Bar Soap
- Sensatia Original Series – Black Volcanic Sand Natural Soap6.00 €125g / Bar Soap
- Sensatia Original Series – Bali Lime & Seaweed Soap6.00 €125g / Bar Soap
- Sensatia Original Series – Green tea & Honey Soap6.00 €125g / Bar Soap
- Blue Stone – Lavender Soap Balinese Bath7.00 €100g / Bar Soap
- Blue Stone – Lemongrass Soap Balinese Bath7.00 €100g / Bar Soap